Monday, April 17, 2006

Go Ahead, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Remember when these types of ads were everywhere in the wingnut blogosphere? Ever wonder what has happened to the Iraqi Dinar (as created by the Coalition Provisional Authority) since its inception in October 2003? Well, I did.

Turns out the greatest gain possible from purchasing the Dinar over the last 2 1/2 years would be 1.6% if you were wise enough to buy at its all time low and sell at its all time high. Granted, ads like the one above would point out that 2 1/2 years is a short-sighted window to judge the Iraqi currency, so I'll concede the point. Having said that, I would challenge any of you who still wish to bet on Bush's foreign policy spoils to invest a sizeable chunk of your nest egg in Iraqi Dinars today. What could go wrong? Oh, I dunno. Maybe, just maybe, the notes will be completely worthless when this sham government collapses under civil war. But don't listen to me, listen to your heart and give old Dubya the benefit of the doubt and the security of your retirement fund. I dare ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home